Jul 31, 2015

How to Write For Yourself

Hello bffs! It's been a while since I posted last and I'm so sorry, but I've been getting quite lazy since I changed my name, but that's ok. I'm still figuring things out.

Today I'm going to teach YOU how to write for yourself! I'm not talking about blogging for an audience or writing a paper, I'm focusing more on journaling and keeping up with your life. So here are some whys and hows for writing in a diary or journal.

DO IT YOUR WAY
Via thoughts-of-a-fangirl.blogspot.com

If you are a neat person and need a theme for all of your pages, then make one! If you are a mess and just need a spot to rant every once in a while, then use your book as an outlet! Don't do it one way or another because you saw it on Pinterest and thought it would be the best way. It's ultimately your own space and you get to decide how to run it. Using your own method will also make it more likely for you to want to continue. Be original :)

YOLO

What always kept me from consistently writing was not having things to write about. I was scared that my sister would find read my journal and use it as black mail or something. But you know what I decided this time around? YOLO! Who cares if she reads it! I'm not going to lay it on her pillow every night but so what if I write about my life? I will write what I want and pretend to myself that nobody will ever read it.

DON'T FORCE YOURSELF
Via etsy.com
 When I was about 10 years old I told myself I would write every single day. It got to the point where I'd scrawl out "HI IT'S 9:33 PM AND I HAVE NOTHING TO WRITE ABOUT HAHAHA HEY GUESS WHAT I HEAR DADDY COMING UP THE STAIRS NOW WHAT DO I WRITE" and that got me absolutely no where in life. So if you really, honest and truly have nothing to write about (which shouldn't happen that often, be creative !!) then skip it. Carefully though, because not writing is a very bad habit.

BE HONEST, KIND, THANKFUL
Via beautyhigh.com

Don't hate on yourself. Compliment yourself and count your blessings.

And lastly, here are some tips to add just a little spunk to your journal!
Via hearthandmade.co.uk

Hopefully this inspired you even if just for the teensiest second. Have a spectacular week!
-Bree, the girl without shame



Post a Comment