Aug 22, 2015

Why I'm Not Dating

Hey guys! How are you today?

As I have recently entered high school, my exposure to teen dating has sky rocketed, and I am not sure I'm absolutely enjoying it. Some kids just don't know how to treat each other right!
I don't have any experience in dating, but please don't think that I am writing this post because "I'm mad that I can't get any guys" or something. That is not true. Neither am I judging anyone who has decided to date as a young teen. I'm writing my opinion, which is absolutely open for discussion in the comments! I would love to hear from you guys
Here we go!
//////////
I believe the ultimate goal of dating is finding your spouse
I absolutely know people that do not intend to get married, and just want a boyfriend for their whole life. For fun. Though I don't quite understand all of that, I don't think it's really what dating is meant for. My perspective (coming from a Christian background) is that dating is meant for finding your spouse, and being able to share that relationship together with Christ.
You don't often hear a married person say "I am so glad I dated around in middle school/high school, it has really helped my marriage a lot!" What I HAVE heard more often is "I found my first love in high school. He was my soul mate and we promised ourselves to each other, until he cruelly broke my heart for no apparent reason."
Don't get me wrong, I have heard those beautiful stories about high school sweethearts, like my parents for instance! They have been married for almost 18 years and still celebrate their dating anniversary! But the stats don't lie, folks, most teen relationships don't make it and end up in heart break. Not everyone turns out like Cory and Topanga. Besides that, I am trying to think ahead and not have a super long list of exes to explain to my future husband.
Via gifsgallery.com

//////////
I am too lazy for drama OR I have better things to do
Hey. I have attended high school for exactly seven days and I have already figured out that I don't have time or energy to commit to a relationship or even attract a boy. Sometimes just seeing the kids around me get heart broken wears me out. I have decided for myself that when I am this young and this hormonal, putting my relationship with God first will be much more beneficial to me and my future. Plus, I still have to wake up by at least 6:30 each day, finish all my homework, be civil to other humans, and balance a whole bunch of other stuff (which I talked about in my last post)!!
Being super emotionally committed to a boy at this point in time could possibly tip the scale and I'm not much of a risk taker. Yes, I have seen other people be somewhat successful in that balancing act.
But there is SO MUCH ELSE TO THINK ABOUT.
In this day and age, texting someone you find cute is apparently a group effort. The response to his text must be perfectly flirty AAAND hard to get but not too hard because you certainly won't friend zone him but still not come across as too desperate/clingy
"k"
*cries*
GUYS THIS IS FROM WIKIHOW WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO
//////////
I don't want to be tempted
Now you may ridicule me. Your parents have probably said this at some point, but seriously, I don't want to put myself in a spot where I will be physically tempted. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't want a list of things to explain to my future husband, even if it isn't "that bad" by other people's standards.
 I'm just cutting it all out. Please understand
Via AHAHAHA ok this one gets me everytime

I don't think it's cool when kids are twerking all over each other at the school dance, or anywhere for that matter but ahahaha that pic is funny. I'm not that weird
//////////
Maturity.
I don't know about you but fourteen year olds don't have the best reputation for being super mature or having the best judgement. And this is coming from a fourteen year old. Last time I checked, committing yourself to another human being requires a whole lot of that maturity thing. I just leave it there
//////////
This is one of the ways I have decided to be a girl without shame. One girl who doesn't care if the other kids think it's weird she doesn't have a boyfriend, or any interest in getting one. No shame
Via twitter.com
//////////
As a bonus, here are a few Bible verses about dating :) If you are interested, click the links to read them!
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Proverbs 4:23
1 Corinthians 6:18-20
Ephesians 4:2
Colossians 3:14
//////////
That's all I've got for the time being, please please share your opinion in the comments, I would absolutely love to hear it! Also, I will re-stress this. I AM NOT JUDGING YOU IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO DATE AS A TEENAGER. WE ARE STILL FRIENDS RIGHT?
Hopefully you found this interesting :)
Have a great day
Love,
Brenna, girl without shame 



Post a Comment