Jan 4, 2015

DIY #2 Healthy Hair

Soo I was surfing Pinterest last night and saw a project that was really easy! I'm not one for fancy projects that cost only ten bucks less than it would, and I have to convince my dad to take me to the store. This one, just takes a little bit of baking soda and a little bit of water
If someone told me to make Pinterest, I'd hand them a piece of wood, a lemon and a box of baking soda because that is in like all of the projects on there.
Aaaaanyway putting baking soda in your hair just dries up all the oils and nasties in your hair and you come out with really soft, pretty hair! Don't do it too often though, because you need those natural oils. It's nice for a clean once in a while though. 
Here's what you do!
Make a paste with baking soda and water, just a little bit. I actually didn't use all of what I had last night     so I'm saving it for another time. 
Get in the shower and get your hair wet
Rub the paste into your hair, kind of massaging your scalp with it. When it's spread out over your head it will feel kind of like sand.
Leave it for about 10 minutes and then rinse!
I put conditioner in my hair afterwards but that's optional

Once your hair dries, it will be super soft! My, my, sodium bicarbonate works wonders

I also put some on my acne and it stung, but I think it worked. It faded a lot. 

If you get any on your face, just remove it with a warm, wet towel. Your face will probably be reddish and glowing afterwards. If you have really sensitive skin like me, I would not recommend using it as a face scrub. It hurts! 

Try it out and let me know how it works~

QotD: What's your hair type?
AotD: I have brown-blondeish hair and it's pretty thin. Thicker than it used to be, but still. 

No comments: