Apr 3, 2015

Apocalyptic City & A Maple Doughnut

This morning I went out adventuring downtown Louisville.
It was disastrous. I don't know if you care at all about this city, but if you do follow local news here, you'd find out very quickly that yesterday the Prez flew in...and stopped up traffic. #thanksobama
So all the streets were backed up. Distress followed. Because around that time, there was a HUGE thunder and lightening storm. It rained a couple inches yesterday, so there were lots of people abandoning their cars and finding shelter somewhere. We got stuck behind a car at an intersection that was wrapped in caution tape and had no driver. THEY ABANDONED THEIR CAR AT THE FRONT OF AN INTERSECTION
Then this morning, when we were out roaming the streets, all that rain had rushed down under overpasses and near the shore of the Ohio River. Lovely, right? 
Image result for downtown louisville flooding
Streets closed for the president, then streets closed because you would drown in your car if you drove through them. 5 feet of water in some places. 
To add to that, a huge GE plant caught on fire and it didn't get put out until a few hours ago.
 Image result for louisville ge fire
So imagine streets covered in debris from floods, thunder and lightening, pouring rain AND a smoke covered sky!
It was sooo bizarre. At one point, we were stopped by a police officer [oh no, the po-po] and my mom asked him if this was the apocalypse.  
Very merrily he replied "Yes, it must be!"
But on the bright side, we went to a cute little doughnut shop called Nord's Bakery and I got a maple one which is my favorite :)


You guys I've gotten very few entries and I need more for the contest! Click here to see the rules


No comments: