I'm beginning to get confused on John Green's style of writing because so far of his books, I've read TFIOS (who hasn't these days), An Abundance of Katherines and this one, and they are all about ridiculously well-read high-schoolers. Which I really like and kind of aspire to, but it astonishes me that each genius teenager can be so differently quirky and have life stories that are nothing alike at all. He has a knack for writing exceptional teenage love stories, this one included. I love how metaphorical he is.
The story is about a boy named Quentin who is a normal-ish senior in high school who has a weird acquaintance type relationship with a girl named Margo Roth Spiegleman. One night they go on a crazy 11 part adventure and then the next day, she disappears, sending Q on a crazy search to find her and follow clues.
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE ENDING PLEASE READ THIS. I mentally cried a lot during this but I wasn't always sad, you know? It was just beautiful and poetic and so John Green you don't even know.
Nerdfighters FTW and DFTBA
No comments:
Post a Comment