Apr 26, 2015

Why Harry Isn't Scary

Image result for harry potter books


 If you don't personally know me, here's a totally not random fact about me. I love the Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling


And it makes me really sad when I see kids that think the series is THE DEVIL and if they read it they WILL MOST DEFINITELY BE STRUCK BY GOD WITH LIGHTENING AND ACNE!
 I understand if a parent doesn't think their child is mature enough to read it, but as a Christian who has grown up with these books, I can tell you that they aren't chock-full of black magic. Their spells are Latin, and they don't actually work. 
JK Rowling uses themes that strongly resemble the Christian faith, kind of like in Narnia.
Image result for harry potter young
Look at this face. How is that bad?
Harry displays courage and love
Hermione shows intelligence and a good heart is better than looks
Ron is a true friend, who will stick by your side
Ginny is a great example of being a bold woman
Neville teaches us how to stand up for ourselves, even to our friends
Snape proves not all bad people are bad
Dumbledore proves not all good people are good

And those are just a few characters. 

So please, please do not judge these books by the cover. 
***Based on an amazing video by Katie Gregoire, seen here

No comments: