Yes. I admit it. I read Twilight.
Everyone warned me, and I still read it. Not the whole series, just the first one. My reasoning was that in order to truly hate something you should see what it is for real, and not just mindlessly hate it.
I enjoyed it at first, don't judge me! It's a very compelling read, and plus it takes place in my home state.
I was actually confused as to why almost the whole internet hates the Twilight series until I watched the movie.
But now, I don't mindlessly hate it, it makes me sad and a little upset.
Bella is a sad, slightly pathetic character and the actress portrayed that. But not in a very good way, she didn't have any emotions. And neither did Edward. Don't get me wrong, I love Robert Pattinson but the character of Edward was terrible. He didn't have any emotion or love or warmth, it was a creepy obsession. In the book he was described as warm and cold at the same time, and very loving. But I think I might have imagined that or something because that is definitley not the message I recieved from the film.
That was my main problem with it, though I haven't read all of them.
Also, Bella was paler than Edward in the movie and that scares me a little. I'm a fairly pale (get it, lol) person from Washington. I spent hours in the sun last week and my family says I got whiter. But Edward never goes in the sun, ever and BELLA IS A TONE LIGHTER. What was that about? The poor, obsessive, naiive, emotionless girl needs a doctor or two.
So, I'm sorry to the Twilight fans out there, we are both entitled to opinions, and I have decided not to pursue reading the rest of the series. Which makes me sad because Pattinson was a very pretty vampire.
What are your opinions on this book? Good? Bad? Love-hate? Let me know in the comments!
Love,
Brenna Mae :)
What are your opinions on this book? Good? Bad? Love-hate? Let me know in the comments!
Love,
Brenna Mae :)

No comments:
Post a Comment