Today I saw Into the Woods! If you haven't noticed, I'm very into musicals, so I loved this!
Into the Woods is a musical where fairy tales are mixed together, much like The Woodcutter, by Kate Danley, a very good book.
In it are the Baker and his Wife, Little Red Riding Hood (plus her grannie and the wolf), Cinderella (with step-family and prince), Rapunzel, Jack and the beanstalk.
The basic plot is that the Baker and his Wife have been cursed by the witch to never have children, and the only way they can is by getting her 4 objects, a cloak as red as blood, a shoe of gold, hair as yellow as corn and a cow as white a milk to make a potion. They have to go into the woods to find the objects! And that is where they meet everyone else, but the plot thickens and the kingdom goes crazy! I'll leave it to you to see the rest. I thoroughly enjoyed it, however I'd much rather see it performed live because it was just so long!!! The singing, in my opinion was brilliant, but some of the lines were unnecessary. But I suppose since i was originally a musical, you can't really blame it. If I had seen the musical first, I'd definitely have a stronger opinion. Maybe when I get to see it live I'll review it again!
Q: Do you like musicals at all? Any favorites?
A: Yes!!!! Hairspray is my current favorite, and just barely above Newsies
No comments:
Post a Comment